Location: Dubai (UAE)
Salary: 15,000 AED – 25,000 AED
De Montfort University is an ambitious, globally-minded university with a strong focus on delivering, quality teaching and learning, and a campus-wide focus on providing a sector-leading student experience.
DMU has a commitment to the public good. We strive to maintain a stimulating and inclusive environment where staff and students are able to thrive. Our success is built on a fantastic student experience coupled with award-winning teaching and world-class facilities that help students develop the skills and attitudes that employers demand.
The Faculty of Health and Life Sciences has an excellent reputation for teaching quality across a wide range of Undergraduate, Postgraduate and Professional courses. Excellent teaching is at the heart of our commitment to professional, creative and vocational education.
The Role requirements:
To be able to develop and lead programmes, support teaching teams involving more junior colleagues and contribute in the development of the subject area. To provide excellent teaching to the university in the relevant areas of expertise.
Of particular interest are applicants who can teach across *Psychology* disciplines. To be an active citizen of the subject group and the Department, engaging with International collaborative partnerships, and work closely with local business communities.
In addition to the Job Description the additional specific duties and/or skills/expertise that are required for this position are:
Specialist duties, responsibilities, qualifications and skills/experience
To provide excellent teaching to the University in the relevant areas of expertise. Of particular interest are applicants who can teach one or more of the following:
- PhD in Psychology (or equivalent professional qualification).
- Expertise and experience in teaching undergraduate Psychology in a higher education context.
- First qualification should confer eligibility for the graduate basis for chartered membership of the British Psychological Society, or equivalent.
- Interest and evidence of expertise appropriate to teaching quantitative and/or qualitative research methods at undergraduate level.
- Subject expertise in a core areas of Psychology (e.g. Cognitive, Biological, Developmental, Clinical, Personality & Individual Differences).