Dr. Canon is a licensed clinical psychologist and a Board-Certified Behavior Analyst. She is also a clinical supervisor, trainer, applied researcher, and consultant. Dr. Canon obtained her BA in Clinical Psychology in Bogota, Colombia, at the Konrad Lorenz University, her MA in Behavior Analysis at the University of Nevada, Reno, and her PsyD in Applied Clinical Psychology at The Chicago School, Los Angeles.
Dr. Canon has over two decades of clinical experience, consulting, and training across diverse populations and settings. Dr. Canon works with families of children and young adults with diagnoses of anxiety, ADHD, Autism Spectrum, and other behavioral challenges from both a traditional ABA and ACT perspective. She co-founded and is the director of Research and Development at the Institute for Effective Behavioral Interventions (IEBI), an organization that provides state-of-the-art behavioral intervention to individuals presenting behavioral, emotional, and developmental challenges. She recently founded and directs services at ACT to Thrive, a center dedicated to the provision of Acceptance and Commitment-focused treatment, consultation, and training.
In the last decade, Dr. Canon has held multiple leadership positions at the Association for Contextual Behavioral Sciences (ACBS), and she regularly presents at professional conferences around the globe while conducting workshops in Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) and Clinical Behavior Analysis for traditional behavior analysts and other professionals. Dr. Canon is currently an editorial board member for the Journal of Contextual Behavioral Sciences (JCBS) and a guest editor for the Behavior Analysis in Practice (BAP) series on Compassion and Latin American Women in Behavior Analysis.
- Training early and mid-career behavior analysts in relationship-building and compassionate care skills
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy/Training
- Parent training (ACT with parents)
- Staff training (ACT with staff)
- Rule governed behavior
- Behavioral flexibility
- Clinical Behavior Analysis
- Graduate Research Mentor University of Nevada Reno Spring 2021 to Winter 2021. Off-campus Satellite Master’s Program, Saudi Arabia, UEA
- The Chicago School of Professional Psychology, Los Angeles, CA, Spring 2019. Guest Lecturer, Relational Frame Theory (RFT) and Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) for behavior analysts working with individuals with developmental disabilities and their families.
- Institute for Effective Behavioral Interventions (IEBI), Encino, CA Spring 2017. Workshop Instructor, Learning to Implement AIM: Accept, Identify & Move: …….