- Full time Continuing employment with the School of Psychology
- Opportunity to contribute a focus on teaching outcomes in Clinical Psychology
- Base Salary Level B $110K p.a. + 17% superannuation
About the opportunity
The University of Sydney is welcoming applications for a Lecturer Clinical Psychology (Education Focused). This position is education-focused specialised category of academic engagement reserved for talented educators with a passion for, and demonstrated excellence in, pedagogical practice and design. The successful applicant will be working within the School of Psychology, primarily in the Clinical Psychology Unit, located in the Brain & Mind Centre. The Lecturer in Clinical Psychology (Education Focused) will be required to make a significant contribution to teaching and learning practice, design and evaluation within the School and will be on a trajectory towards leadership in educational design and delivery.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- undertake independent teaching into the School’s accredited teaching programs, in particular the Master of Clinical Psychology (MCP), including supervision of MCP students in the Psychology Clinic
- engage in high-quality teaching and learning experiences which meet the University’s expectations and standards for education-focused staff
- contribute to outstanding educational design, delivery and evaluation to improve student outcomes
- apply knowledge of contemporary pedagogical practice to innovate education
- set-up a research program on a clinical/mental health topic in line with the School and Psychology Clinic strategic priorities.
The School of Psychology was the first established Psychology department in Australia and is currently one of the largest and has a proud history of excellence that characterises all its research and educational activities. Sustained increases in research funding and strong enrolments have facilitated a rapid growth in our staffing and research profile.
To learn more about the School of Psychology click here
The University values courage and creativity; openness and engagement; inclusion and diversity; and respect and integrity. As such, we see the importance of recruiting talent aligned to these values and are looking for a Lecturer in Clinical Psychology (Education Focused) who has:
- a PhD in the area of clinical psychology or closely related discipline
- a Postgraduate degree in Clinical Psychology accredited by …….